GLUCOSE SCREENING MENU
Remember not to eat anything after midnight the night before. Eat exactly what is on your menu, nothing more, nothing less (for example, no chocolate in your milk).
- 2 eggs (you may salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 slices of whole wheat toast or one english muffin
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
- 8 oz of milk (anything from whole to skim)
- 4 oz of real orange juice
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread or one english muffin
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- ½ block of tofu
- 8 ounces of real orange juice
- 4 level tablespoons of sugar in water
- Unsweetened real lemon juice may be added to taste
The glucose screen is extremely time-sensitive. You must ingest the breakfast (50 grams of carbs) by whatever means you decide within 15 minutes. Then you must have your blood drawn exactly one hour later to get accurate results.